* strange table calculation
@ 2021-02-08 12:34 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-02-08 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I have an org table which is behaving strangely.  The column formula for
column 9 is:

   $9 = $-1+@-1$+1;ENf2

This should add up the entry in the column to the left, i.e. column 8,
with the entry one row up and to the right, i.e. column 10.  However,
when column 9 is calculated, any entry that is immediately after a
horizontal divider line causes the @-1$+1 to be replaced with the value
from the current row, not the one above.

Removing horizontal lines fixes this (although not entirely as I get a
different behaviour later down in the table...).

The behaviour of @-1$+1 seems fragile.

Has anybody had similar issues?

I cannot create a minimal example that replicates this unfortunately and
I cannot post the table that is exhibiting the problem.  However, I hope
somebody might have some idea of where to look...

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-213-g49364f

* Re: strange table calculation
@ 2021-02-09  9:22 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-02-09  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday,  8 Feb 2021 at 12:34, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> The behaviour of @-1$+1 seems fragile.

To follow up, the same table copied (verbatim) to another org file
behaves as it should but continues to behave oddly in the original file.

Very mysterious.  But adding blank lines before/after horizontal
dividers does the job so no worries for the moment.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.4-213-g49364f