* Nested macros and fontification
@ 2021-03-15 17:10 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2021-03-15 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hi,

I make heavy use of replacement macros, and often my Org documents are
full of nested macros (in the 'LaTeX way') throughout the text. The
problem is that `org-fontify-macros' breaks the macro fontification when
it is a nested construction.

I've found a simple high level solution that consists in ensuring that the
macros have a look identical to normal text (in my theme):

(set-face-attribute org-macro nil :bold nil :foreground black)

And then I only highlight the macro boundaries with `highlight-regexp'. I
think that this gives me a more legible and consistent text, without
that 'rainbow effect' that many themes apply to macros. I share a couple
of samples, in case this little solution is helpful to someone who also
uses a lot of (nested) replacement macros:

https://imgur.com/a/fSPHH0w

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-15 17:13 UTC | newest]