* Missing from org-attach buffer?
@ 2021-03-27 16:18 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2021-03-27 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I seem to recall that attaching files to an org-attach directory could
be done by one letter commands from the M-x org-attach <RET>
buffer. These commands seem now to be missing, and the only way to
attach files to the directory is via M-x org-attach-attach-cp <RET>, or
M-x org-attach-attach-ln <RET>, etc. I wonder why the changes were made,
or am I not understanding something here?

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.

* Re: Missing from org-attach buffer?
@ 2021-03-30  3:08 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2021-03-30  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter writes:

> Hello,
>
> I seem to recall that attaching files to an org-attach directory could
> be done by one letter commands from the M-x org-attach <RET>
> buffer. These commands seem now to be missing, and the only way to
> attach files to the directory is via M-x org-attach-attach-cp <RET>, or
> M-x org-attach-attach-ln <RET>, etc. I wonder why the changes were made,
> or am I not understanding something here?

Hmm, the org-attach command still exists and is bound to `C-c C-a'.
I've just tried calling it (current master, 4d9dabc36), and it pops up
the expected dispatcher for me.

* Re: Missing from org-attach buffer?
@ 2021-03-30  5:26   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2021-03-30  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Kyle,

    > Colin Baxter writes:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I seem to recall that attaching files to an org-attach directory
    >> could be done by one letter commands from the M-x org-attach
    >> <RET> buffer. These commands seem now to be missing, and the only
    >> way to attach files to the directory is via M-x
    >> org-attach-attach-cp <RET>, or M-x org-attach-attach-ln <RET>,
    >> etc. I wonder why the changes were made, or am I not
    >> understanding something here?

    > Hmm, the org-attach command still exists and is bound to `C-c
    > C-a'.  I've just tried calling it (current master, 4d9dabc36), and
    > it pops up the expected dispatcher for me.

Sorry, my mistake. I used emacs in a terminal and the org-attach buffer
had simply scrolled to the bottom, removing the top 10 items a--z from
view. I then forgot to use C-p to move up the buffer. I had used the
mouse and arrow keys, which, of course, killed the buffer.

Sorry about the original post.

Thanks. Best wishes, Colin.