“Bruce D’Arcus” writes: > On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 4:21 PM Dominik Schrempf > wrote: > >> For what it’s worth, I use `org-ref` because fine-grained citation export with >> LaTeX (using BibTeX or BibLaTeX) only works with `org-ref`, and not with >> `org-cite`. > > Part of the challenge is this isn’t an apples-apples comparison; > org-cite a framework, and it’s the processors that really provide the > functionality. > >> If I remember correctly, `org-cite` exports the formatted citations into the >> LaTeX file … > > This is not true. Thanks for correcting me on that. I remember having LaTeX files with full citations in them, but maybe I messed something up. > > Or rather, it’s only true if you use the oc-csl export processor; you > can use other export processors (like oc-biblatex) to get whatever > LaTeX output you want, and … > >> …. it is really difficult to use different style files, etc. With >> `org-ref`, I can use BibLaTeX with specific style files. (Journal require >> different style files). I can even use my personal LaTeX classes (with specific >> bibliography styles) for Org export. > > … I believe Nicolas recently added support for customizing the > export styles for biblatex. > > Bruce When I tried setting `org-cite` up, it didn’t work. Maybe I should give it another try at some point. For now, I am happy with `org-ref`.