* bug#54670: Clocktable :step errors
       [not found] <SA1PR06MB81369EC303676160551A08A5E7E09@SA1PR06MB8136.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-04-04  8:09 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2022-04-04  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Craig Smith; +Cc: 54670

    Craig> Online documentation states the :step month, semimonth or year commands are valid.  The below link is one such instance.

    Craig> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/The-clock-table.html

    Craig> But, I have tried the :step commands with Emacs 25.3.1 on Windows 10,
    Craig> Emacs 26.3 on Windows XP and Emacs 26.3 on my Android phone through
    Craig> Termux.  All three versions do not accept the :step month, :step
    Craig> semimonth or :step year command.  I have concluded the :step month,
    Craig> semimonth or year commands were valid at one time and online
    Craig> documentation has not caught up with the change.  It is not a big
    Craig> problem, but Ι thought worth bringing to your attention.

I think itʼs the other way around: those variants were added in a
later version of org than the one youʼre using (and the online manual
thus describes them). Theyʼre definitely available in emacs-27 and
later. From memory, current org still supports emacs-26, so you could
try installing the latest packaged org from ELPA.

Robert

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-04-04  8:12 UTC | newest]