On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:27:15 -0400, Nick Dokos wrote: > > There is a thread in the bugs-texinfo mailing list on the egrep > problem in texi2dvi: > > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-texinfo/2010-03/msg00031.html > > Nick > Yeah, it sure looks like we're not the only runs bitten by this bug. I guess there's no point in filing a bug with them but I may still do it with Debian. Thanks for digging this up. The scary thing is that nobody seems to be seriously suggesting fixing this on that list? Also, nobody has suggested [:alpha:] as a replacement, although this may not be strictly correct for DOS disk designators if alpha includes all accented letters etc...