Rainer M Krug writes: > On 12/17/2010 07:48 AM, Eric Schulte wrote: > Hi eric > >> I'm attaching a new version of org-mime.el which incorporates Matt's >> function below. There are now two new functions, `org-mime-org-buffer' >> and `org-mime-org-subtree' each of which takes a format argument >> specifying the format of the final email, one of 'org, 'ascii, or 'html. > > This sounds perfect. > > So now a *subtree* or *org buffer* can be send as > *org*, *ascii or *html*. > > Right? > Correct, all one need do is to write an interactive wrapping function similar to the example in my previous email. Note: In the version attached to this email the functions are renamed to `org-mime-send-buffer' and `org-mime-send-subtree'. > > I just would like to suggest two more things: > > 1) to be able to mail the subtree or buffer as an attached pdf. > > Thinking of it, this could also be used for the other formats which > result in one file, e.g. ascii, taskjuggle and I think all others except > of the html? > Sounds like a good idea, this shouldn't be overly hard to implement using the existing attachment features of org-mime. > > 2) the format of the inline text (and the attached one?) could be > specified as a property, as a property - this would make sending the > email consistent. > I'm attaching another version of org-mime which provides the org-mime-subtree interactive command which uses the MAIL_FMT property to determine the format of the mail message to populate. Thanks -- Eric