* Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-16 16:17 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-02-16 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi,

I have today pushed two updates onto Worg which have not yet been published.
Maybe Worg publishing is currently broken?

- Carsten

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-16 16:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-16 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Carsten,

> I have today pushed two updates onto Worg which have not yet been published.
> Maybe Worg publishing is currently broken?

Looks so.  I just sent an email to Jason about this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-16 16:34 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-02-16 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org Mode List

> Hi,
>
> I have today pushed two updates onto Worg which have not yet been published.
> Maybe Worg publishing is currently broken?

A recently-added section on the FAQ was using "shell" as the mode of a
source block instead of "sh".  I fixed it and re-pulled/published Worg.

http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/blobdiff/45de0bd521aab3af38ec20804a270f306aa2416e..e4ed8284faddd0cd29c9cd3b98d19c9730f66e6e:/org-faq.org

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-16 16:41   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-16 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: Org Mode List, Carsten Dominik

Hi Jason,

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> writes:

>> I have today pushed two updates onto Worg which have not yet been published.
>> Maybe Worg publishing is currently broken?
>
> A recently-added section on the FAQ was using "shell" as the mode of a
> source block instead of "sh".  I fixed it and re-pulled/published
> Worg.

My bad, I added this.

Thanks for the fix!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-17 16:27     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-02-17 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Jason Dunsmore, Org Mode List, Carsten Dominik

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> writes:
>
>>> I have today pushed two updates onto Worg which have not yet been published.
>>> Maybe Worg publishing is currently broken?
>>
>> A recently-added section on the FAQ was using "shell" as the mode of a
>> source block instead of "sh".  I fixed it and re-pulled/published
>> Worg.
>
> My bad, I added this.
>
> Thanks for the fix!

Would there be any way to get the Worg publishing script or export of
source code blocks to fail gracefully in these instances? This same
issue came up a couple of weeks ago with a new tutorial. A mislabeled
source code block brought the whole publishing process to a halt.

One idea: instead of always throwing an error,
org-export-replace-src-segments-and-examples might contain an option to
replace BEGIN_SRC...END_SRC with BEGIN_EXAMPLE...END_EXAMPLE if no
source block is found.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-18  8:58       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-18  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Jason Dunsmore, Org Mode List, Carsten Dominik

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Would there be any way to get the Worg publishing script or export of
> source code blocks to fail gracefully in these instances?

That would be helpful indeed.

As a first step, we could handle errors in a more clever way by using
the variable `noninteractive', testing if Emacs is running in batch
mode.  In batch mode, instead of blocking the export process with a
(error ...), we could just logs problems.

Let's collect places where errors can block the publishing process.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-18 16:19         ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-02-18 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Matt Lundin, Org Mode List, Carsten Dominik

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
>
>> Would there be any way to get the Worg publishing script or export of
>> source code blocks to fail gracefully in these instances?
>
> That would be helpful indeed.
>
> As a first step, we could handle errors in a more clever way by using
> the variable `noninteractive', testing if Emacs is running in batch
> mode.  In batch mode, instead of blocking the export process with a
> (error ...), we could just logs problems.
>
> Let's collect places where errors can block the publishing process.

Sounds like a good approach.  I found a few using:

$ git log --oneline | grep -i export | egrep -i "fix|issue|broke|problem|error|resolve|correct|publish"

All the ones I found were related to Babel.

1) Used "shell" instead of "sh" for the source block mode.  Fixed by
   commit e4ed828.
2) Used "=<<code-block-name>>=" instead of ": <<code-block-name>>".
   Fixed by commit 90cb8cb.  When I tested this with by checking out
   90cb8cb and trying to export org-contrib/babel/org-babel.org, I got
   the error "org-babel-exp-lob-one-liners: Wrong type argument:
   stringp, nil".
3) Enclosing #+begin_src into #+begin_quote.  Fixed by commit fd3bca5.
   The error is: File mode specification error: (file-error "Cannot open
   load file" "html-helper-mode")

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-18 18:05           ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-18 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> 1) Used "shell" instead of "sh" for the source block mode.  Fixed by
>    commit e4ed828.

If known languages are treated as "keywords" in #+begin_src context and
fontified appropriately there would be enough visual feedback so that a
user's `eye memory' could catch that something is amiss.

My 2 cents,
Jambunathan K.

* Re: Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-19  1:09             ` Bastien
       [not found]               ` <87pqqosucm.fsf-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-19  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jambunathan,

>> 1) Used "shell" instead of "sh" for the source block mode.  Fixed by
>>    commit e4ed828.
>
> If known languages are treated as "keywords" in #+begin_src context and
> fontified appropriately there would be enough visual feedback so that a
> user's `eye memory' could catch that something is amiss.

Good idea -- I need time to explore org-src.el and I'm pretty sure
Eric and Sebastien will be faster than me :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg publishing broken?
       [not found]               ` <87pqqosucm.fsf-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-02-19 14:04                 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-02-19 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Jambunathan and Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>> 1) Used "shell" instead of "sh" for the source block mode.  Fixed by
>>>    commit e4ed828.
>>
>> If known languages are treated as "keywords" in #+begin_src context and
>> fontified appropriately there would be enough visual feedback so that a
>> user's `eye memory' could catch that something is amiss.
>
> Good idea -- I need time to explore org-src.el and I'm pretty sure Eric and
> Sebastien will be faster than me :)

What I can say is that this feature is scheduled (well, not really) on my
private task list for Org. Not only languages, but as well highlight of all
other keywords such as `:vars', `:exports' and the like.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: Worg publishing broken?
@ 2011-02-22 11:53                   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-22 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> What I can say is that this feature is scheduled (well, not really) on my
> private task list for Org. Not only languages, but as well highlight of all
> other keywords such as `:vars', `:exports' and the like.

Great, let us know how it goes and if you need help.

Best,

--
 Bastien