* HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-02-26  1:53 Cássio Koshikumo
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Cássio Koshikumo @ 2011-02-26  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Hi all,

I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
to exclude them properly.

Does anyone else experience this?

Best,

--
Cássio Koshikumo

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-02-26  3:04 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-26  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cássio Koshikumo <ckoshikumo@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

> I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
> timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
> to exclude them properly.

May be you need to fiddle with postamble related options ...

Jambunathan K.

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-02-26 14:26 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-02-26 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cássio Koshikumo; +Cc: org-mode

Cássio Koshikumo <ckoshikumo@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

> I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
> timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
> to exclude them properly.
>
> Does anyone else experience this?

I'm also having issues with HTML export.  The :email-info, :preamble,
and :postamble publishing options are being ignored.

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-02-26 14:49   ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-02-26 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cássio Koshikumo, bastien.guerry; +Cc: org-mode

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> writes:

> Cássio Koshikumo <ckoshikumo@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

>> I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
>> timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
>> to exclude them properly.
>>
>> Does anyone else experience this?
>
> I'm also having issues with HTML export.  The :email-info, :preamble,
> and :postamble publishing options are being ignored.

I found the commit that broke things:

http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git/commitdiff/da8dc7bba7261

1) :preamble was renamed :html-preamble
2) :postamble was renamed :html-postamble
3) org-export-email-info is no longer checked before attempting export
   of email address.

For the first two, the manual needs to be updated.  The third change
seems like a bug.

Also, I have no title when I set the title with "#+TITLE: " on the first
line.  I'm not sure if this has to do with org-export-html-title-format
being removed.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-02-26 16:38   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-02-26 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore
  Cc: nicholas.dokos, org-mode, =?utf-8?Q?C=C3=A1ssio?= Koshikumo

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> wrote:

> Cássio Koshikumo <ckoshikumo@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

> > I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
> > timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
> > to exclude them properly.
> >
> > Does anyone else experience this?
>
> I'm also having issues with HTML export.  The :email-info, :preamble,
> and :postamble publishing options are being ignored.

[This is based on a very quick look, so take it with the appropriate
grain of salt.]

The preamble/postamble issue may be a doc bug. The code seems to expect
:html-preamble and :html-postamble.

Nick

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-03-02  4:18   ` Cássio Koshikumo
From: Cássio Koshikumo @ 2011-03-02  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Indeed, I can set the postamble to nil to remove everything after the content.
Thanks for that!

Still, it's strange that the #+OPTIONS line is no longer functional. I took a
look at the code, but I don't really understand it yet. I'll look again later.

@ 2011-03-04 15:49     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: org-mode, Cássio Koshikumo

Hi Jason,

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> writes:

> http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git/commitdiff/da8dc7bba7261
>
> 1) :preamble was renamed :html-preamble
> 2) :postamble was renamed :html-postamble
> 3) org-export-email-info is no longer checked before attempting export
>    of email address.
>
> For the first two, the manual needs to be updated.

Done, thanks.

> The third change seems like a bug.

Yes.  I've changed the default of org-export-html-preamble (and
postamble) to nil, so that the default behavior reproduce the old
one, and author/email/creator-info options will be honored.

Setting :html-preamble in any fashing will override these options
for the HTML export.  I explained that in the manual.

Following your suggestion, I also republished the online manual to
reflect these changes:

  http://orgmode.org/manual/

> Also, I have no title when I set the title with "#+TITLE: " on the first
> line.  I'm not sure if this has to do with org-export-html-title-format
> being removed.

Mhh.. I cannot reproduce this.  Can you check again?

 Bastien

* Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-03-04 15:49 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cássio Koshikumo; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Cássio,

Cássio Koshikumo <ckoshikumo@gmail.com> writes:

> I think there's a bug with the html exporter. With this OPTIONS line:

> I get rid of the numbering and the TOC, but still get the creator, the
> timestamp and the author lines at the end of the page. Exporting to ASCII seem
> to exclude them properly.

Fixed in latest git repo.  Thanks for reporting this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-03-04 16:06       ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-03-04 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode-dYgKDiuZisNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git/commitdiff/da8dc7bba7261
>>
>> 1) :preamble was renamed :html-preamble
>> 2) :postamble was renamed :html-postamble
>> 3) org-export-email-info is no longer checked before attempting export
>>    of email address.
>>
>> For the first two, the manual needs to be updated.
>
> Done, thanks.
>
>> The third change seems like a bug.
>
> Yes.  I've changed the default of org-export-html-preamble (and
> postamble) to nil, so that the default behavior reproduce the old
> one, and author/email/creator-info options will be honored.

You meant to `t' (not to `nil'), as shown by lines 346--388 of `org-html.el':

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defcustom org-export-html-preamble t
  "Non-nil means insert a preamble in HTML export.
The format of the preamble is set as `org-export-html-preamble-format'.
Setting :html-preamble in publishing projects will override this."
  :group 'org-export-html
  :type 'boolean)

(defcustom org-export-html-preamble-format
  '(("en" "<h1 class=\"title\">%t</h1>"))
  "The format for the HTML preamble.

%t stands for the title.

If you need to use a \"%\" character, you need to escape it
like that: \"%%\"."
  :group 'org-export-html
  :type 'string)

(defcustom org-export-html-postamble t
  "Non-nil means insert a postamble in HTML export.
The format of the postamble is set as `org-export-html-postamble-format'.
Setting :html-postamble in publishing projects will override this."
  :group 'org-export-html
  :type 'boolean)

(defcustom org-export-html-postamble-format
  '(("en" "<p class=\"author\">Author: %a (%e)</p>
"))
  "The format for the HTML postamble.

%a stands for the author.
%e stands for the email(s).
%d stands for the date.
%c will be replaced by information about Org/Emacs.
%v will be replaced by `org-export-html-validation-link'.

If you need to use a \"%\" character, you need to escape it
like that: \"%%\"."
  :group 'org-export-html
  :type 'string)
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-03-04 18:38         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-04 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien,

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> You meant to `t' (not to `nil'), as shown by lines 346--388 of
> `org-html.el':

No, I mean `nil' -- please check against the latest Org version.

--

@ 2011-03-09 16:03       ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-03-09 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> Also, I have no title when I set the title with "#+TITLE: " on the first
>> line.  I'm not sure if this has to do with org-export-html-title-format
>> being removed.
>
> Mhh.. I cannot reproduce this.  Can you check again?

I was mistaken.  It was exporting a <title>.  However, it wasn't
exporting the <h1> header with the title.  I needed to append the
following to my :html-preamble for it to have the old behavior:

<h1 class=\"title\">%t</h1>

So when :html-preamble isn't defined, #+TITLE: affects both <title> and
<h1>.  But when :html-preamble is defined, #+TITLE: only affects
<title>.

Is this a bug?  It makes sense to me that #TITLE: would add an <h1> page
heading with or without :html-preamble being defined.

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Re: HTML export options are being ignored
@ 2011-03-09 16:17         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-09 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Jason,

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> writes:

> Is this a bug?  It makes sense to me that #TITLE: would add an <h1> page
> heading with or without :html-preamble being defined.

Yes, there are still problems in this area -- see my last patch and tell
me if this does things right for you.

Best,

--
 Bastien