From: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Org Contacts, Gnus and Yasnippet Not Playing Nicely
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 12:21:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> writes:

Hi Ian,

> I am trying to set up Org Contacts and gnus. Org Contacts suggests
> that pressing + <Tab> in the To: field in a message buffer should
> offer a list of tags from my contacts file. However, I just get a Tab.
>
> I suspect that Yasnippet is interfering, as entering the abbreviation
> for any of my snippets and pressing Tab auto-completes the
> snippet. Does anyone have a tip for making Yasnippets, gnus and
> org-contacts play nicely together?

It works fine for me using emacs 24.  Maybe you've set
`org-contacts-completion-ignore-case' set to nil (which is not the
default), and you are trying to complete a lowercase starter while all
of your contacts have names starting uppercase?

If not, start writing a mail and go to the To: header.  Type the first
character of a contact that definitively exists.  You should get a
*Completion* buffer, or it should complete to the sole matching contact.
Additionally, doing `C-h k TAB' should tell you that TAB executes
`completion-at-point'.

(Even with emacs 24, before the first TAB it'll tell me that TAB calls
`yas/expand'...)

Bye,
Tassilo