* having problems this mailing list configuration
@ 2011-05-27 12:55 Piter_
From: Piter_ @ 2011-05-27 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
I have some problems with mailing list configuration.
I wanted to disable mail delivery  and check list via web interface,
but some how it goes not save the changes I make. I have enabled
cookies dan it workd with other mailing lists.
Thanks for help in advance.
Petro

* Re: having problems this mailing list configuration
@ 2011-05-28 10:15 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-05-28 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Piter_ <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:

> I have some problems with mailing list configuration.
> I wanted to disable mail delivery  and check list via web interface,
> but some how it goes not save the changes I make. I have enabled
> cookies dan it workd with other mailing lists.

Hi Petro,

you do not have to be subscribed to read or send to the list.

,----[ http://orgmode.org/index.html#sec-5_2 ]
|     * Subscribe to it at the web interface.
|     * Directly send mail to it. If you are not subscribed, a moderator
|       will look at the message before passing it through to the list.
|     * Read the list on Gmane through a web interface or with a newsreader.
|     * Please read the Feedback section of Org's manual before posting a
|       question, it helps getting useful answer.
`----

Direct link to the web interface
gmane: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode

However, this should work. Let me see ...
When I login to my mailing list membership configuration,
it says

> Note: your list delivery is currently disabled; it was disabled by
> you.

right at the top of that page iin the second/third paragraph.

And of course Mail delivery is set to Disabled.

So, if you made these settings, save, logout, and log in again, your
changes are lost?

Memnon

* Re: having problems this mailing list configuration
@ 2011-05-28 16:15   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-05-28 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> Piter_ <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have some problems with mailing list configuration.
>> I wanted to disable mail delivery  and check list via web interface,
>> but some how it goes not save the changes I make. I have enabled
>> cookies dan it workd with other mailing lists.
>
> Hi Petro,
>
> you do not have to be subscribed to read or send to the list.
>
> ,----[ http://orgmode.org/index.html#sec-5_2 ]
> |     * Subscribe to it at the web interface.
> |     * Directly send mail to it. If you are not subscribed, a moderator
> |       will look at the message before passing it through to the list.
> |     * Read the list on Gmane through a web interface or with a newsreader.
> |     * Please read the Feedback section of Org's manual before posting a
> |       question, it helps getting useful answer.
> `----
>
> Direct link to the web interface
> gmane: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode
>
> However, this should work. Let me see ...
> When I login to my mailing list membership configuration,
> it says
>
>> Note: your list delivery is currently disabled; it was disabled by
>> you.
>
> right at the top of that page iin the second/third paragraph.
>
> And of course Mail delivery is set to Disabled.
>
> So, if you made these settings, save, logout, and log in again, your
> changes are lost?
>
> Memnon

Yes, this is my experience, too.  I make changes and they are lost.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye