* New release?
@ 2011-06-16 17:48 Achim Gratz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-06-16 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org 7.5 has got quite a few wrinkles ironed out during the past few
months and the current HEAD looks very clean save for two compiler
warnings in org-indent.el... and that part of the code looks like it
could use the same solution that org-agenda.el employs around line 1766.

I'd think that the folks who aren't comfortable with living at the
bleeding edge would benefit from "maint" being pulled up and a new
release pushed out, unless someone feels that there's a showstopper
hiding someplace.  Bastien?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: New release?
@ 2011-06-16 19:31 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-16 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

I fully agree, and I believe a new release is planned in the next couple
of weeks.  Specifically expect a new release before Emacs 24 goes into
pre-test feature freeze at the end of this month.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: New release?
@ 2011-06-17  3:03   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-06-17  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Achim,
>
> I fully agree, and I believe a new release is planned in the next couple
> of weeks.  Specifically expect a new release before Emacs 24 goes into
> pre-test feature freeze at the end of this month.

I hoped to have my work (atleast the work the new core exporter) tested
 and integrated before the 7.6 release or the next merge with Emacs.

I see that this would inevitably get pushed (atleast) to the next cycle
if not to etenrnity.

Why am I so desperate and despondent? sigh sigh sigh.

Jambunathan K.

* Re: New release?
@ 2011-06-17  4:15 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-06-17  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Org 7.5 has got quite a few wrinkles ironed out during the past few
> months and the current HEAD looks very clean save for two compiler
> warnings in org-indent.el...
[...]
> I'd think that the folks who aren't comfortable with living at the
> bleeding edge would benefit from "maint" being pulled up and a new
> release pushed out, unless someone feels that there's a showstopper
> hiding someplace.  Bastien?

FWIW, +1.

Just switched from stable 7.5 to git yesterday because I got the same
impression.

Memnon

* Re: New release?
@ 2011-06-20 19:17 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-06-20 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:
> Org 7.5 has got quite a few wrinkles ironed out during the past few
> months and the current HEAD looks very clean save for two compiler
> warnings in org-indent.el... and that part of the code looks like it
> could use the same solution that org-agenda.el employs around line 1766.

I've just set up a new Win7 system and chose to install NTemacs24 in
anticipation of its upcoming release.  There, aside from one complaint
about an obsolete function that has been there for ages (and probably
needs to stay there unless one wishes to jettison compatibility with
Emacs22), I get a bunch of other warnings about global dynamic variables
having no prefix.  This seems to be an Emacs24 specific warning as I
don't see any of that on Emacs23.

Achim.