* Additive tags or meta-tags
@ 2011-09-21 20:22 Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-09-21 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi together

This is maybe a feature request. Otherwise ...

is it already possible to subsume a number of tags in some kind of
meta-tag?

Explanation: I use physical/local contexts as tags: @OFFICE, @HOME,
@TRAIN etc. There are some todos like for example :READING: that could
be done in all these contexts (but not @CAR). It would be nice to have
one tag :READING: defined in a way that it appears in agenda-views
querying @HOME-todos as well as @OFFICE or @TRAIN (but not @CAR). Or one
tag :PHONE: that subsumes all local contexts including @CAR.

At the moment I use long tag lists for these issues. I think this could
be done in a more elegant way.

This cannot be solved by tag inheritance, I think. Because a
READING-todo could belong to a larger project-tree with lots of todos of
quite diverse context/resource demands.

Thanks for hints

Sven