* #RESULTS folding and clearing
@ 2012-03-17 18:37 Johnny
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:

1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
obvious!)
2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?
3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?

Thanks!

--
Johnny

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
@ 2012-03-17 18:38 ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>
> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
> obvious!)
> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?
> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>
> Thanks!

Btw, I am using org version 7.8.03

--

@ 2012-03-17 19:11 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-17 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?

M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

I use it often enough that I've bound it to a key.

Nick

* Re: #RESULTS folding and clearing
@ 2012-03-17 19:31   ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-17 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>>

> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET
>
> I use it often enough that I've bound it to a key.

Thanks, this is very useful!

--

@ 2012-03-17 20:40 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-17 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>
> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
> obvious!)

TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.

> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?

Not that I know of.

> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?

[answered previously - repeated for completeness]

@ 2012-03-18 11:40   ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-18 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
>> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>>
>> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
>> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
>> obvious!)
>
> TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.

This actually works in org-mode 7.7 on my netbook, but not in
org-mode-7.8.0.3 on my desktop.

>> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?
>
> Not that I know of.

I fond the org-babel-result-hide-all in org-mode 7.7 which may can be
used in a hook, but it doesn't exist in org-mode 7.8.0.3. It would be
nice to specify in the rource block header if results should be folded
by default or not.

>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>
> [answered previously - repeated for completeness]
>
> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

Is this 7.8.0.3 behaviour expected and which org-mode are you using?

Cheers,

--

@ 2012-03-18 11:47     ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-18 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
>> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When evaluating src blocks, the #+RESULTS: are inserted just below the
>>> code block, but some expressions generate long lists; thus:
>>>
>>> 1) How can I fold the RESULTS block? (I have tried the regular tab way
>>> and searched the manual, but can't find it. Apologies if it should be
>>> obvious!)
>>
>> TAB on the #+RESULTS: line folds the results block for me.
>>

> This actually works in org-mode 7.7 on my netbook, but not in
> org-mode-7.8.0.3 on my desktop.
>
>>> 2) Is there any way to get the results in a folded output by default?
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>>

> I fond the org-babel-result-hide-all in org-mode 7.7 which may can be
> used in a hook, but it doesn't exist in org-mode 7.8.0.3. It would be
> nice to specify in the rource block header if results should be folded
> by default or not.
>

>>> 3) Can I erase /all/ RESULTS in an org-file by single command?
>>
>> [answered previously - repeated for completeness]
>>
>> M-x org-babel-remove-result RET

An unexpected (?) behaviour is that this works fine, but if i hide and
show (TAB twice) on the results and run the command, it doesn't remove
the results.