* org2blog: referencing to other blog posts?
@ 2012-08-26 18:14 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-08-26 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way to reference other blog posts in org2blog, other than
using absolute URLs for that article on the server?

I will use absolute URLs as a workaround, if there is no way, but it
would feel better to "work inside the system".

Also is there a way to link related articles, that will show up in the
wordpress blog.

Thanks!

* Re: org2blog: referencing to other blog posts?
@ 2012-08-27 18:20 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2012-08-27 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I hope we are talking of org2blog/wp.  There's another package called
org2blog authored by tehom, that works for blogger.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:
> Is there a way to reference other blog posts in org2blog, other than
> using absolute URLs for that article on the server?

Currently, there's no way to reference other blog posts, other than
using absolute URLs.

> I will use absolute URLs as a workaround, if there is no way, but it
> would feel better to "work inside the system".

I think using absolute URLs would be the most robust way of doing
this, but of course, this process can be simplified, by providing a
way of inserting those links from within org2blog.  I imagine this
would use link abbreviations, and provide some sort of a completion
mechanism to insert links to other posts.  I'll try and get to this,
some time soon.

> Also is there a way to link related articles, that will show up in the
> wordpress blog.

I haven't been using WordPress (and org2blog) for quite some time now.
 Is there a new feature in WordPress that lets you link related
articles?  Or are you using some plugin?

Hope this helps,
Puneeth

* Re: org2blog: referencing to other blog posts?
@ 2012-08-27 19:35   ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2012-08-27 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope we are talking of org2blog/wp.  There's another package called
> org2blog authored by tehom, that works for blogger.
>
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:
>> Is there a way to reference other blog posts in org2blog, other than
>> using absolute URLs for that article on the server?
>
> Currently, there's no way to reference other blog posts, other than
> using absolute URLs.
>
>> I will use absolute URLs as a workaround, if there is no way, but it
>> would feel better to "work inside the system".
>
> I think using absolute URLs would be the most robust way of doing
> this, but of course, this process can be simplified, by providing a
> way of inserting those links from within org2blog.  I imagine this
> would use link abbreviations, and provide some sort of a completion
> mechanism to insert links to other posts.  I'll try and get to this,
> some time soon.

I've implemented something very basic and crude for this.  Feel free
to try it out and let me know if it works for you and suggest
improvements.

Thanks,
Puneeth

* Re: org2blog: referencing to other blog posts?
@ 2012-08-28 21:31   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-08-28 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I hope we are talking of org2blog/wp.  There's another package called
> org2blog authored by tehom, that works for blogger.

Yes, org2blog/wp.

[snip!]
>> Also is there a way to link related articles, that will show up in the
>> wordpress blog.

> I haven't been using WordPress (and org2blog) for quite some time now.

I tried various blogging frameworks for org, and this was the first one
I was able to make work, so I've sort of stuck with it.

> Is there a new feature in WordPress that lets you link related
> articles?

I don't know.  I know very little of WP out of the setup needed to use
org2blog.  I guess this would probably be me making a WP feature
request...? :-)

> Or are you using some plugin?

Nope.  I'm using a spam limiting plugin (can't remember its name), but
that's all.

* Re: org2blog: referencing to other blog posts?
@ 2012-08-28 21:32     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-08-28 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Puneeth Chaganti <punchagan@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think using absolute URLs would be the most robust way of doing
>> this, but of course, this process can be simplified, by providing a
>> way of inserting those links from within org2blog.  I imagine this
>> would use link abbreviations, and provide some sort of a completion
>> mechanism to insert links to other posts.  I'll try and get to this,
>> some time soon.

> I've implemented something very basic and crude for this.  Feel free
> to try it out and let me know if it works for you and suggest
> improvements.

I will try this out, and give feedback.

@ 2012-08-29  5:03     ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2012-08-29  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:

>> I hope we are talking of org2blog/wp.  There's another package called
>> org2blog authored by tehom, that works for blogger.
>
> Yes, org2blog/wp.
>
> [snip!]
>>> Also is there a way to link related articles, that will show up in the
>>> wordpress blog.
>
>> I haven't been using WordPress (and org2blog) for quite some time now.
>
> I tried various blogging frameworks for org, and this was the first one
> I was able to make work, so I've sort of stuck with it.

Great!  I'm glad it worked for you. :^)

>> Is there a new feature in WordPress that lets you link related
>> articles?
>
> I don't know.  I know very little of WP out of the setup needed to use
> org2blog.  I guess this would probably be me making a WP feature
> request...? :-)

Yes, I've searched for plugins that let you do this, but didn't find
any that work with WP 3.4 (on a quick search).

>> Or are you using some plugin?
>
> Nope.  I'm using a spam limiting plugin (can't remember its name), but
> that's all.

I meant, a plugin for having related posts show up.  Nevermind.

--
Puneeth