From: Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:23:10 -0600	[thread overview]

> Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've recently put together a web server which runs in Emacs and exports
>> local Org-mode files to HTML in such a way that they may be edited from
>> within a web browser with the edits saved to local files on disk.  The
>> code is available from github.
>
> Eric,
>
> I have been playing with this.  I really like it!

Great, I'm happy its working for you, I've been using it myself and
enjoying it.  Hopefully now that it is ELPA installable it will be
easier for more people to try it out.

> What I have been testing is how well it interacts with other CSS style
> files.  Some work better than others but, most importantly, they all
> require adding the following:
>
> :     #+STYLE: <style> .raw-org { display: none;} </style>
>
> to the individual org files so that the content displayed is only the
> html generated by the export.  There may be a better/easier way to
> handle this, of course.

Yes, the above is needed to hide the raw Org-mode text until it is
edited.  You can customize the org-ehtml-client-style variable to set
whatever CSS you like as the default.  Similarly it should be fairly
easy for anyone fluent in JavaScript to hack org-ehtml-client-js if they
want to try different behavior.  One of my main goals in writing
org-ehtml was to keep things as small, simple and hackable as possible.

> More playing to be done... but I can see this being quite useful!  It
> works really nicely with firefox in combination with a browser plugin
> which allows me to edit the text in the boxes using emacsclient (with
> org mode enabled!).

Oh great, I used to use that same browser plugin, but for the last year
or so I've gone whole hog and switched to using conkeror as my web
browser. http://conkeror.org/

> thanks (and to Nic as well for elnode),
> eric

Cheers,