Hi and thanks for paying attention to my patch. Bastien writes: > I allowed myself to fix this, with a somewhat smaller patch: > http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?h=maint&id=14ffe2 This is indeed a good way to fix the uncaught error problem. Nonetheless, the patch I provided was intended to also correct a functional problem (to my mind) about the consistency of the behavior of org-open-at-point relatively to plain links. Let me explain what I mean: * First test: with bracket links Imagine you have the following line (I placed a _ to indicate the position of the cursor) ╭──── │ some non r_elevant text [[id:some-id]] ╰──── Within that situation, launching org-open-at-point would follow the id:some-id link. In the following situation (with the cursor inside the link) ╭──── │ some non relevant text [[id:so_me-id]] ╰──── org-open-at-point will also open the link. That one seems obvious but I think it is worth keeping in mind though. * Second test: with plain links Now, imagine the same scenarios with plain links ╭──── │ some non relevant text id:so_me-id ╰──── With the cursor inside the link, org-open-at-point follows the link. Then with the cursor before the link: ╭──── │ some non r_elevant text id:some-id ╰──── org-open-at-point results in an error (now caught thanks to Bastien) while I (and I stress it is my personal opinion) think that it should also follow the link, like in the case of a bracket link. As suggested by Nicolas, I provided tests in attachment to show the 4 use cases I just explained. The initial patch I provided was meant to enhance the implementation of org-open-at-point to make those use cases work. What do you think? Should we enhance the function that way. I use the patched version for some time now and I often launch org-open-at-point (C-c C-o) before plain links. Thanks again for your answers. -- Konubinix GPG Key : 7439106A Fingerprint: 5993 BE7A DA65 E2D9 06CE 5C36 75D2 3CED 7439 106A