* `org-drill' broken in recent commits git commits
@ 2013-02-16 13:17 York Zhao
From: York Zhao @ 2013-02-16 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there, `org-drill' has broken recently (after git commit
"3380460"), here is the steps
to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a new org-mode buffer with the following contents:

* org-drill test  :drill:
Foo
** Answer
Bar

2. M-x org-drill
3. Press <SPACE>
4. Press `2' and you are stuck there forever until pressing `q' or "C-g".

Thanks,

York

* Re: `org-drill' broken in recent commits git commits
@ 2013-02-16 14:38 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-16 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: York Zhao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi York,

York Zhao <gtdplatform@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there, `org-drill' has broken recently (after git commit
> "3380460"), here is the steps
> to reproduce the issue:
>
> 1. Create a new org-mode buffer with the following contents:
>
> * org-drill test  :drill:
> Foo
> ** Answer
> Bar
>
> 2. M-x org-drill
> 3. Press <SPACE>
> 4. Press `2' and you are stuck there forever until pressing `q' or "C-g".

I cannot reproduce this.  Does this happen with emacs -Q?  What is
your version of Emacs?

 Bastien

* Re: `org-drill' broken in recent commits git commits
@ 2013-02-20  4:16   ` York Zhao
From: York Zhao @ 2013-02-20  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry that I forgot to mention my Emacs
version. I'm using GNU Emacs 24.2.1.

I just tried the scenario again with the latest `org-mode' and the symptom
changed a bit. I no longer get stuck which is good however, after typed the
character `2', I was asked to input a date, but I could only accept the default
date and was not able to change this date. Asking to input a date is a new
behavior and makes no sense especially when the default date is not changeable.
I have checked the `org-drill' and it seems that the `org-drill' hasn't been
changed for a few months.

When you test `org-drill' on the sample file have you been asked to input a
date?

Thanks,

York

@ 2013-02-20  6:11     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-20  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: York Zhao; +Cc: Paul Sexton, emacs-orgmode

Hi York,

well, I did try org-drill.el to see if there was no trivial error
triggered by a recent change in Org's master, but found none.

Paul, can you understand/reproduce/fix York's problem?

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: `org-drill' broken in recent commits git commits
@ 2013-02-21  2:56       ` York Zhao
From: York Zhao @ 2013-02-21  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Paul Sexton, emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

I have figured out that I could press "S-arrow" to change the date when being
asked to input a date after selected '2'. I found that if I change it to a
future date I will not be asked for this question in the current drill session
because the scheduled date has been set to a future date; however, changing to a
date before the current datehas no effect. The question is why asking me to
choose a date? It was not behaving like this and I don't think there is any
changes in `org-drill', in other words, it looks like that recent changes in
`org-mode' (not `org-drill') affected the behavior of `org-drill'.

But anyways, this is no longer a big problem and it is tolerable. Thank you very
much for the help.

York

@ 2013-02-23 14:01         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-23 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: York Zhao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Paul Sexton

York Zhao <gtdplatform@gmail.com> writes:

> But anyways, this is no longer a big problem and it is tolerable. Thank you very
> much for the help.

You're welcome,

--
 Bastien