Hi Vitaly, Vitaly writes: > Why not handling this somewhere in "+STARTUP: content N" or anywhere > similar? Since org-mode handles arguments for org-global-cycle, why > not handle them on startup? The following patch handle content-2 and content-3 keywords, and allow `org-startup-folded' to be set to an integer. I don't like content-1 content-2, this is dirty. But maybe we can simply allow integers for `org-startup-folded' and then the user could `org-startup-folded' as a local variable. Let me know what you think,