* Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-27 10:37 Frank Mueller
From: Frank Mueller @ 2013-02-27 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-27 19:18 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-02-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Mueller; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Frank Mueller <fm.email@web.de> wrote:

> Just a remark to the Org-Mode Reference Card (http://orgmode.org/orgcard.pdf).
>
> There is a little bug in the spreadsheet description.
>
> wrong:
> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..@III)|
>
> correct:
> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..III)|
>
> The second at symbol must be deleted for correct working.

Why do you think so?

Nick

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-28  8:48   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-02-28  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Frank and Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Frank Mueller <fm.email-S0/GAf8tV78@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Just a remark to the Org-Mode Reference Card
>> (http://orgmode.org/orgcard.pdf).
>>
>> There is a little bug in the spreadsheet description.
>>
>> wrong:
>> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..@III)|
>>
>> correct:
>> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..III)|
>>
>> The second at symbol must be deleted for correct working.
>
> Why do you think so?

I second Nick: your proposition is wrong; it can't work like that.

Now, maybe you're hit by a feature here: when setting
`org-hide-emphasis-markers' to t, some `@' disappear from the formula (as you
see them, while they're there: enable visible-mode and check it!).

Is this what happens to you?

That's a feature...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-28  8:53     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-28  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: OrgMode ML

Hi Sébastien,

Why would @ disappear with `org-hide-emphasis-markers' set to t?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-28  9:28       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-02-28  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> Now, maybe you're hit by a feature here: when setting
>> `org-hide-emphasis-markers' to t, some `@' disappear from the formula (as
>> you see them, while they're there: enable visible-mode and check it!).
>
> Why would @ disappear with `org-hide-emphasis-markers' set to t?

They should not visually disappear, but they do.

Consider the following formula line:

|---+---|
|   |   |
|---+---|
#+TBLFM: @1$1=vsum(@-I..@-II)

It becomes this:

#+TBLFM: 1$1=vsum(-I..@-II)
         ^        ^

when `org-hide-emphasis-markers' is turned on.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-28  9:31         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-28  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> They should not visually disappear, but they do.

No... chances are that it comes from your configuration.
Please always assume it does first, then provide a recipe
if it's with emacs -Q.  Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-02-28 14:41     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-02-28 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hello Frank and Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:
> > Frank Mueller <fm.email@web.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Just a remark to the Org-Mode Reference Card
> >> (http://orgmode.org/orgcard.pdf).
> >>
> >> There is a little bug in the spreadsheet description.
> >>
> >> wrong:
> >> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..@III)|
> >>
> >> correct:
> >> sum from 2nd to 3rd hline |:=vsum(@II..III)|
> >>
> >> The second at symbol must be deleted for correct working.
> >
> > Why do you think so?
>
> I second Nick: your proposition is wrong; it can't work like that.

I heard from Frank privately: there was another error in the formula and
he thought he had to get rid of the second @ to make it work. That's not
correct: the @III form works fine

However, the formula without the @ in front of III *also* works in this
case.  I don't know whether that's an accident or intended behavior.

Nick

@ 2013-02-28 14:46           ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-02-28 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>> They should not visually disappear, but they do.
>
> No... chances are that it comes from your configuration. Please always
> assume it does first, then provide a recipe if it's with emacs -Q. Thanks!

Yes, it does. I still had the following code, from when `@' was unofficially
supported in Beamer to render alert calls:

  (defface my/org-alert-face
    '((t (:weight bold :foreground "black" :foreground "#FF0000")))
    "Face used to display alert'ed items.")

  (add-to-list 'org-emphasis-alist
               '("@" my/org-alert-face "<span class=\"alert\">" "</span>"))

  (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-emphasis-alist
               '("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil))

Without that, the problem disappears.

Sorry for the noise.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Org-Mode Reference Card "bug"
@ 2013-03-02 10:27       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-02 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> However, the formula without the @ in front of III *also* works in this
> case.  I don't know whether that's an accident or intended behavior.

FWIW, I don't know neither... maybe Carsten can tell.

--
 Bastien