* Tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter' in agenda block
@ 2014-04-22 21:46 Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-04-22 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.5h-137-gc7812f-elpa @
/home/iam/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140421/)

I tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter'.

I have a tree as follows:
   ____
  /
|   * diary-sunrise, diary-sunset
|   %%(diary-sunrise)
|   %%(diary-sunset)
  \____

The syntax I tried was:

     (org-agenda-top-headline-filter "diary-sunrise, diary-sunset")

That is, in the following: (might need `(require 'org-agenda)'.)

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-add-agenda-custom-command
  '("zs" "sunrise, sunset"
    agenda ""
    ((org-agenda-files '("/e/org/zeus.org"))
     (org-agenda-prefix-format "%t %s")
     (org-agenda-span 'week)
     (org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil)
     (org-agenda-use-time-grid 'nil)
     (org-agenda-top-headline-filter '("diary-sunrise, diary-sunset"))
     )
    ))
#+END_SRC

I'm sure I could easily use a tag, category etc, but I like being able
to consider all the possibilities as I develop my agenda-views.

%%(Thank you always),

Brady

* Re: Tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter' in agenda block
@ 2014-04-23  6:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-23  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brady Trainor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Brady,

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.5h-137-gc7812f-elpa @
> /home/iam/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140421/)
>
> I tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter'.

There was a bug here, please try again from a fresh pull of the maint
or master branch.

Thanks for reporting this,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter' in agenda block
@ 2014-04-26 14:45   ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-04-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/22/2014 11:12 PM, Bastien wrote:

 > Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:
 >
 >> Org-mode version 8.2.5h (8.2.5h-137-gc7812f-elpa @
 >> /home/iam/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140421/)
 >>
 >> I tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter'.

 > There was a bug here, please try again from a fresh pull of the maint
 > or master branch.

Org-mode version 8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-918-g36b497 @
/e/emacs-config/packagesfromtheinternet/org-mode/lisp/)

When I try

     (org-agenda-top-headline-filter "diary-sunrise, diary-sunset")

in org-agenda-custom-commands, for `* diary-sunrise, diary-sunset', it
does not filter (I have also tried a single word headline). Maybe I am
just not using the syntax correctly?

Maybe this variable was not designed for use in agenda-custom-commands.
It may have been an assumption, I probably took a strange route
searching for options for custom-commands, by digging through
org-agenda.el.

* Re: Tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter' in agenda block
@ 2014-04-26 15:07     ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-04-26 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/26/2014 07:45 AM, Brady Trainor wrote:
> On 04/22/2014 11:12 PM, Bastien wrote:
>
>  > Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:
>  >

>  >>
>  >> I tried to use `org-agenda-top-headline-filter'.
>
>  >
>  > There was a bug here, please try again from a fresh pull of the maint
>  > or master branch.
>
> When I try
>
>      (org-agenda-top-headline-filter "diary-sunrise, diary-sunset")

Hmm, I saw some mention of this at

     http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/85221

So that provoked me to consider trying to create an MWE.

I will try to test this more later, but the problem changes when I make
a more minimal working example.

Now, it's filtering, but it seems to only filter by the file. So now,
according to headline, it's filtered, but only by file.

(This is a rushed email, but I think my MWE is more or less using the
above filter by itself in a custom-command.)

And if I try ^ (org-agenda-filter-by-top-headline) in agenda view, it
complains that there is no top-level category (but I think there is).

Please let me know if I can do anything to clarify.

@ 2014-04-29 12:15       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-04-29 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brady Trainor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> Please let me know if I can do anything to clarify.

Providing a MWE (both the .org file to filter against and the .el for
the configuration) would be great.

 Bastien