* Is there a new method to set no line break when export to plain text
@ 2015-05-18  5:23 windy
From: windy @ 2015-05-18  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, everyone,
     Start from Org-mode 8, the plain text export is fixed width with line break and it is very unconvenient to show in the text edit like libreoffice and so on.

     I also try (setq org-ascii-text-width 100000) in my .emacs but the title and the author align to the middle in 100000, it is very ugly and .

    I don't know why org-mode 8 start to fix width of plain text with line break, How I  conquer it ? Is there anyone have good idea?

* Re: Is there a new method to set no line break when export to plain text
@ 2015-05-18  7:18 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-18  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: windy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

windy <chxp_moon@163.com> writes:

>      Start from Org-mode 8, the plain text export is fixed width with line break and it is very unconvenient to show in the text edit like libreoffice and so on.
>
>      I also try (setq org-ascii-text-width 100000) in my .emacs but the title and the author align to the middle in 100000, it is very ugly and .
>
>     I don't know why org-mode 8 start to fix width of plain text with
>     line break, How I  conquer it ? Is there anyone have good idea?

You can add a paragraph filter (see
`org-export-filter-paragraph-functions') that removes newline characters
from the output.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: javascript:; Re: Is there a new method to set no line break when export to plain text
@ 2015-05-18  9:05   ` windy
From: windy @ 2015-05-18  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for you reply

I am sorry for that but how to set the variable ? I totally know nothing about emacs elisp.

maybe I must to learn it in some day. I try (setq org-export-filter-paragraph-functions nil) seems no working

在2015年05月18 15时18分, "Nicolas Goaziou"<mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>写道:

@ 2015-05-18 11:40     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-18 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: windy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

windy <chxp_moon@163.com> writes:

> I am sorry for that but how to set the variable ? I totally know
> nothing about emacs elisp.
>
> maybe I must to learn it in some day. I try (setq
> org-export-filter-paragraph-functions nil) seems no working

Something like this

  (defun my-ascii-unfill-paragraph (text backend info)
    (and (eq backend 'ascii) (replace-regexp-in-string "\n *" " " text)))

  (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-paragraph-functions #'my-ascii-unfill-paragraph)