On Tuesday, 16 Jan 2018 at 19:09, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Thibault Marin writes: [...] >> - In non-MathJax modes, I currently pre-process the latex environment to >> change equation environments to their * version, >> e.g. "\begin{equation}" -> "\begin{equation*}". This is to prevent >> the latex environment from adding its own labeling to the rendered >> image. This feels like a hack. Is there a better way to achieve >> this? > > No idea. I hope a LaTeX expert can chime it. Not an expert but I can chime in anyway. :-) To avoid having to hack the code, you could try using the mathtools package and ask it to only number equations that are referenced: \usepackage{mathtools} \mathtoolsset{showonlyrefs} This goes in the preamble for processing the snippets. Untested. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-317-gc82c21