Bastien writes: > Hi, > > akater writes: > >> This patch can't be merged right away: I need to sort out the exact >> SLIME version where the feature will be introduced. Some doc update is >> needed, too. > > did you finally managed to finalize this patch? > > If so, can you send it to the list as an attachment? > > We are in feature freeze, but small enhancement on ob- and ol- files > are acceptable if they don't break anything for the user. Sorry for the delay. The patch is now safe to apply. The feature is set to not activate until SLIME 2.28 which is likely months into the future. The reason for this is, I got a blessing from one of SLIME developers but they've not responded to my PR since; I also need to test with SLY. Delaying activation until SLIME 2.28 looks safe enough. There are some idiosyncrasies: I require elisp features cl-macs, cl-seq, subr-x in the middle of ob-lispe.el, right before they are needed. This is mostly due to state of the patch still being uncertain. I also define a variable for a newline emitted by Lisp because I'm always cautious of non-standard newlines on some platforms. This might be totally unnecessary. Note also that I update the documentation in addition to ob- files. This comes in a separate patch since the feature mentioned is not really available yet.