Hi all, I would like to propose (patch attached) the possibility of using an alternate character for separate arguments in replacement macros, following a suggestion from Nicolas Goaziou in this (closed) thread: https://orgmode.org/list/87o8ead42u.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr/ The idea would be to explicitly indicate the separator just before the parentheses. The allowed characters are any character other than a letter, a number, a space, a dash, a low line or a parenthesis. A new property `:sep' is added to `org-element-macro-parser', whose default value is a comma. Example of use. Suppose we define this macro: #+MACRO: foo (eval (format "%s and %s" $1 $2)) Under normal conditions, the expected separator will be the comma: {{{foo(x,z\, y)}}} => x and z, y But we can also do this: {{{foo@(x@z, y \@)}}} => x and z, y @ I think sometimes it may be preferable to separate the arguments by an alternative character. For example, let's imagine we define a macro (named 'lg') for LaTeX export, which admits two arguments, exactly the same args as the Babel (LaTeX) macro \foreignlanguage{lang}{short-text}: {{{lg(lang,short-text)}}}. It would be much more comfortable something like: {{{lg|(latin|trado, tradidi, traditur)}}} instead of having to escape commas in: {{{lg(latin,trado\, tradidi\, traditur)}}} Best regards, Juan Manuel