On 17 February 2022 16:00, "Loris Bennett" wrote: > What exactly would you like me to test? I ended up not posting the link[1] I referred to in the first e-mail, but since then I got back home and tested the functions provided there seem to be doing what I expected. With it, I can force Emacs to download a built-in package from ELPA and use it, instead of the built-in version. I was afraid that I was only downloading it, but Emacs wasn't actually loading it, but I couldn't test it because I have Emacs 28.0.91, which contains the latest versions of all the built-in packages that are also in ELPA. Given that, I have compiled Emacs 27 and ran it with the attached init.el, and running M-x org-version tells me Org mode version 9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ .../.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/) It seems that calling my (require-package 'pkg 'force) is getting the latest ELPA version available for built-in packages and using that programatically, without having to use the Package List interface. Regards, -- João Pedro de Amorim Paula IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)