"N. Jackson" writes: > No, I'm not saying Org shouldn't use window-max-chars-per-line -- > rather the opposite in fact. I'm just saying it maybe needs to be > thought about carefully first. Indeed. There is no point using w-m-c-p-l when we actually need the full window size with fringes. > If it works as advertised it would seem to be the right choice as > long as Emacs bug #19395 exists (which looks like it will be > forever). My reservations about the function are only that its spec > is more ambitious than that of window-width (because it handles > faces) and the added complexity might potentially introduce more > corner cases where it doesn't work. But perhaps that's just the > paranoia of someone who thinks that text editors should restrict > themselves to monospaced fonts! There is at least one workaround in org-agenda trying to account for the face width. w-m-c-p-l should do better than that. Attaching the patch. Best, Ihor