Uwe Brauer writes: >> This information is already in the docstring > >> The new table inherits its properties from the variable >> org-clock-clocktable-default-properties. The scope of the >> clocktable, when not specified in the previous variable, is >> subtree when the function is called from within a subtree, and >> file elsewhere. > >> Or do you think it can be expressed better? > > It is the term *subtree* that I find confusing. > > > * Introduction > ** Details > > <-- that is for me within a subtree > > * Introduction > * Details > > <-- that is for me within a tree > > So why not > > The scope of the clocktable, when not specified in the previous > variable, is subtree when the function is called from within a subtree > or tree and file elsewhere. So if you want a clocktable for the whole > file, you should call the function before the first heading. What about the attached patch?