Hi All, With the recent mention of the text/org mime type, and registering it as an IANA in-tree MIME type in particular, I’d like to draw attention to this part of : > When review is required, a change request may be denied if it renders entities > that were valid under the previous definition invalid under the new definition. While the org-syntax document is a work in progress to accurately describe the current state of affairs, there are currently supported syntactic elements that I think are broadly seen as “would be nice if we didn’t do that”. For example: the special switch syntax in babel headers, and support for $-maths. This does make me wonder if we should actually try to register a slightly different org-syntax to “what org-mode parses”, without these elements that we now think we’re better off without, but have org-mode still parse them. My thinking is we don’t want to lock ourselves into a situation where we would /like/ to deprecate certain syntax over the long term, but are unable to do so without diverging from the IANA-registered specification, and can’t register the change in syntax because of the paragraph I’ve quoted. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .