* Fireforg: org-protocol mac workaround and BibTeX import using Zotero
@ 2009-08-16  9:52 Andreas Burtzlaff
From: Andreas Burtzlaff @ 2009-08-16  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fireforg is now capable of sending a BibTeX entry for every item
imported into Zotero to Org. For details see the doc at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.php#fireforg

I've added a workaround for the broken protocol registration in
Firefox, that keeps mac users from enjoying org-protocol:
- Set "Mac Workaround" in Fireforgs preferences.
- run pull.sh from
http://repo.or.cz/w/org-fireforg.git?a=blob_plain;f=ff_mac_workaround/pull.sh;hb=HEAD

It works by writing the string to be passed to emacsclient to a
temporary file, whose content - if not empty - is passed to emacsclient
every second.

It will work for everything fireforg sends, but will of course not make
the bookmarks work.

I've tested it on linux, but be careful.

Andreas

* Re: Fireforg: org-protocol mac workaround and BibTeX import using Zotero
@ 2009-08-16 12:41 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-08-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Burtzlaff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Burtzlaff <andy13@gmx.net> writes:

> Fireforg is now capable of sending a BibTeX entry for every item
> imported into Zotero to Org. For details see the doc at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.php#fireforg

Wow, that is a *killer* feature.

I look forward to trying out fireforg. Thanks for your work on this.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Re: Fireforg: org-protocol mac workaround and BibTeX import using Zotero
@ 2009-08-17  9:25   ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2009-08-17  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wow, automatic bibtex sending does sound cool, and may ease some of
the difficulty of trying to use a workflow with both Zotero and
BibTeX.  Thanks.  I''l try this.

@ 2009-08-17 14:17 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-08-17 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Burtzlaff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:52:16 +0200,
Andreas Burtzlaff wrote:

> Fireforg is now capable of sending a BibTeX entry for every item
> imported into Zotero to Org. For details see the doc at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.php#fireforg

Andreas,

you've convinced me that it's about time I played around with Zotero
(got it, installed it, working, loving it!), org-protocol (got it,
installed it, working!) and fireforg (got it, installed it, not sure
if it's working...).

At one point, your instructions say: Set "Inject Zotero" in the
preference dialog.

I have no idea where to set this!  Can you please point me in the
right direction?  The zotero preferences dialogue has no mention of
injecting anything and I don't know of any preference dialogue for
fireforg et al.

Sorry for the n00b-like question but I've obviously missed something
somewhere!

Thanks,
eric

* Re: Fireforg: org-protocol mac workaround and BibTeX import using Zotero
@ 2009-08-17 17:09   ` Andreas Burtzlaff
From: Andreas Burtzlaff @ 2009-08-17 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:17:25 +0100
Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> At Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:52:16 +0200,
> Andreas Burtzlaff wrote:
> >

> > Fireforg is now capable of sending a BibTeX entry for every item
> > imported into Zotero to Org. For details see the doc at
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-devel.php#fireforg
>
> Andreas,
>
> you've convinced me that it's about time I played around with Zotero
> (got it, installed it, working, loving it!), org-protocol (got it,
> installed it, working!) and fireforg (got it, installed it, not sure
> if it's working...).
>
> At one point, your instructions say: Set "Inject Zotero" in the
> preference dialog.
>
> I have no idea where to set this!  Can you please point me in the
> right direction?  The zotero preferences dialogue has no mention of
> injecting anything and I don't know of any preference dialogue for
> fireforg et al.

The Fireforg extension has its own preferences dialogue accessible under
Tools->Add-ons->Fireforg->Preferences, as all extensions have.

Sorry, that this was not as intuitive as I thought :-|
I'll make the documentation a bit more verbose.

@ 2009-08-17 17:41     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-08-17 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Burtzlaff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:09:51 +0200,
Andreas Burtzlaff wrote:

> The Fireforg extension has its own preferences dialogue accessible under
> Tools->Add-ons->Fireforg->Preferences, as all extensions have.

obvious in hindsight (and should have been obvious in the first place
but the lack of arrow on the add-ons made me miss the obvious in the
Tools menu...  I have too many entries in that menu, basically).

Everything now works very well indeed.  This is going to be very useful.

Thanks!

eric