From: Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de>
To: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Problems using org-babel
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:27:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Hey Keith,

Keith Lancaster <klancaster1957@mac.com> writes:

> I enabled org-babel according to the instructions on worg, but am
> running into a number of issues which I am guessing are a function of
> my configuration. For example, enabling org-babel completely breaks
> remember mode, giving me a "wrong ..." argument (sorry - don't have it
> in front of me) error.  Adding a python source block still allows
> exporting, but adding a ruby block causes a "wrong..." error as well
> when I try to export. I guess the real question is how do I debug
> this? I am relatively new to emacs, and not familiar really with how
> to track some of these issues down.

Create a new file with nothing in it, then start adding org-mode parts.
(The load path, require the org and org-babel). That way you can
guarantee the problem is with org-mode/org-babel and not with some other
part of your setup.

emacs -Q -l newfile.el

If you've done so, incrementally add parts of your old init.el to the
new file and see if something breaks.

That way you find the step that doesn't work.

If you experience problems with the initial step of getting org-mode to
run with an empty init.el file, tell us what versions you're using (M-x
org-version RET) and what exactly you did to cause the error message.
(Alternatively you could also do M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET and post
that.)

br,
benny