* [babe] noweb used to work but no longer does... what has changed?
@ 2010-02-01 23:06 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-02-01 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

after two months away from a particular document, I find that all my
babel codes in that document no longer work as they used to.
Specifically, references to other source code blocks are now no longer
expanded:

* maxima test
*** COMMENT units
#+srcname: units
#+begin_src maxima
programmode: false$
h: 3600*s$
day: 24*h$
#+end_src

*** Real evaluations
#+srcname: unitstest
#+begin_src maxima :results output :exports results :noweb
<<units>>
solution: solve([m = 2*day], [m]),numer$
#+end_src

#+results: unitstest
: stdin:2:Incorrect syntax: < is not a prefix operator
: <<
: ^

The error at the end is because the code segment immediately above,
unitstest, has been copied literally to the maxima input file without
expansion of "<<units>>".  This used to work fine so something has
changed?  If the change is something that will have affected my maxima
babel code, I can post that (but it's a total hack...).

Any and all suggestions or pointers more than welcome!

Thanks,
eric

* Re: [babe] noweb used to work but no longer does... what has changed?
@ 2010-02-01 23:57 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-02-01 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 1, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after two months away from a particular document, I find that all my
> babel codes in that document no longer work as they used to.
> Specifically, references to other source code blocks are now no longer
> expanded:

> * maxima test
> *** COMMENT units
> #+srcname: units
> #+begin_src maxima
> programmode: false$
> h: 3600*s$
> day: 24*h$
> #+end_src
>
> *** Real evaluations
> #+srcname: unitstest
> #+begin_src maxima :results output :exports results :noweb
> <<units>>
> solution: solve([m = 2*day], [m]),numer$
> #+end_src
>
> #+results: unitstest
> : stdin:2:Incorrect syntax: < is not a prefix operator
> : <<
> : ^
>
> The error at the end is because the code segment immediately above,
> unitstest, has been copied literally to the maxima input file without
> expansion of "<<units>>".  This used to work fine so something has
> changed?  If the change is something that will have affected my maxima
> babel code, I can post that (but it's a total hack...).
>
> Any and all suggestions or pointers more than welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, the :noweb syntax was changed.  You'll need to say :noweb yes
now.  There are ways to set this by file and globally as well.

The Org-babel documentation should be up-to-date on the new syntax.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: [babe] noweb used to work but no longer does... what has changed?
@ 2010-02-02  0:22   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-02-02  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:57:09 -1000,
Thomas S. Dye wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> > #+begin_src maxima :results output :exports results :noweb

[...]

> Hi Eric,
>
> Yes, the :noweb syntax was changed.  You'll need to say :noweb yes
> now.  There are ways to set this by file and globally as well.
>
> The Org-babel documentation should be up-to-date on the new syntax.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

Arggghhh yes, it had to be something so simple my eyes kept skipping
that bit!  The documentation is indeed up to date; my eyes obviously
are not.  Sigh.  In any case, it all works perfectly again.

Sorry, as ever, for the noise.  I really must learn not to try working
late at night any more -- I'm not the hacker I once was ;-)

Thanks again,
eric