Hi Taru, Thanks for pointing this out. I'm not sure what the cleanest way would be to refer to these results. I find that in these situations if I were to try to refer the results of a call line like #+call: foo(x="bar") with something like #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var foobar=foo(x="bar") (message "foo of bar is %S" foobar) #+end_src Org-babel will end up re-running the foo function passing "bar" as an argument. This is generally fine with me as it will return the same value as referencing the results of the #+call line. The easiest solution would be to simply un-name all #+call results. This tiny patch does this