On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:11:16 -0400, Dan Davison wrote: > > I've put together a simple package to provide a minimalist visual > appearance for Emacs. Screenshot and info: > > http://dandavison.github.com/minimal/ > > In addition to getting rid of the usual suspects (scroll bars, menu > bars, tool bars), this also replaces the mode line with a thin coloured > separator line. Toggle the minor mode when you need this stuff. This is really nice, especially on my netbook which is already as minimalist as I could get it (ratpoison + dzen2). Thanks! One suggestion, although this might have an existing Emacs solution: is it possible to also get rid of the mini-buffer and only have it appear when needed? One more line of text...