* Org-beamer and beamer overlays
@ 2010-08-26  7:19 Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2010-08-26  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good Morning :-)

I'm having trouble getting beamer overlays to work properly when
producing slides via org-mode. This may well be due to my not
understanding the documentation!!

I can only get this to work by dropping down into LaTeX - which on this
scale is pretty painless - but feel sure there must be a way to do this
org too.  Can anyone show me how?

Below are the headers for my beamer-slide template and a frame with
overlays which works.

If it helps, this is Emacs-23.2.1 and org-mode 7.01h

With thanks

Glyn

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

#+TITLE:     Beamer slide template
#+AUTHOR:    GM
#+EMAIL:     glyn@xyzxyz.orgle
#+DATE:      2010-08-24
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:

#+startup: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [bigger]
#+latex_header: \mode<beamer>{\usetheme{Madrid} \usecolortheme{crane}}
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA \beamerdefaultoverlayspecification{<+->}

#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %9BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %10BEAMER_extra(Extra)

* The furniture.
Some old some new

** The Queen's old armchair					    :B_block:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: block
   :BEAMER_envargs: [<+->]
   :END:
# Notice we have to slip into raw LaTeX to make this work
#+begin_LATEX
\begin{itemize}[<+->]
\item Princess Anne
\item Prince Charles
\item corgis
\end{itemize}
#+end_LATEX

* Re: Org-beamer and beamer overlays
@ 2010-09-03 23:38 ` Mark Scala
From: Mark Scala @ 2010-09-03 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wistanswick; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Glyn.

I've been playing around with org-beamer for a little while and have gotten
something like what you seem to want to work.  I've revised your example in
the way that I've been doing it.

* The furniture.
:B_frame
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: block
  :BEAMER_envargs: [<+->]
  :END:
Some old some new

** The Queen's old armchair
:B_block:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: block
  :BEAMER_envargs: <1->
  :END:
- Princess Anne
- Prince Charles
- corgis

------
Mark

@ 2010-09-04  5:37   ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2010-09-04  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mark Scala <markscala@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, Glyn.
>
> I've been playing around with org-beamer for a little while and have gotten
> something like what you seem to want to work.  I've revised your example in
> the way that I've been doing it.
>
> * The furniture.
> :B_frame
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_env: block
>   :BEAMER_envargs: [<+->]
>   :END:
> Some old some new
>
> ** The Queen's old armchair
> :B_block:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_env: block
>   :BEAMER_envargs: <1->
>   :END:
> - Princess Anne
> - Prince Charles
> - corgis
>
> ------
> Mark

Many thanks Mark, that is *exactly* what I was looking for :-)

atb

Glyn