Hi Rick, I'm not quite sure what the best permanent solution would be. I'm tempted to switch to a drastically stripped down version of Clojure interaction which relies very heavily on slime. I'm attaching a first pass at this which allows for slime-based execution, can assign variables, handles lazy evaluation, etc... The downside to this new version is that it doesn't support buffer-based sessions or external evaluation, but the upside is that it is incredibly simple, and by relying so heavily on slime it should be very robust. Once this is enhanced with some code to start slime, and a simple :session setup (namely the ability to grab the slime context from a buffer specified by :session) I may prefer this to the existing ob-clojure. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Personally I'm happy to lose external evaluation and switch to purely slime-based evaluation, but I don't want to trash it if it is an important part of someones work flow. Best -- Eric