From: Rafael Villarroel <rvf0068@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Question on org-beamer markup
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:07:54 -0600	[thread overview]

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Erik Iverson wrote:
>> According to http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html
>>
>> the following markup should work when exporting to PDF from an org-beamer
>> document.
>>
>> - the first, very @important@, point!
>> - the previous point shows the use of the special markup which
>>   translates to the Beamer specific /alert/ command for highlighting
>>   text.
>>
>> However, upon export the resulting .tex file does not actually contain this
>> translation from @important@ to the alert command, but rather sill has
>> @important@ in the output.
>>
>> Am I missing some part of the setup process?
>
> You must update *manually* the var =org-export-latex-emphasis-alist=:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   ;; alist of LaTeX expressions to convert emphasis fontifiers
>   (setq org-export-latex-emphasis-alist
>         '(("*" "\\textbf{%s}" nil)
>           ("/" "\\emph{%s}" nil)
>           ("_" "\\underline{%s}" nil)
>           ("+" "\\st{%s}" nil)
>           ("=" "\\url{%s}" nil)
>           ;; `url' breaks lines in long strings (was `verb')
>           ("~" "\\verb~%s~" t)
>           ("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil)))
> #+end_src

This should be enough right?

  (add-to-list 'org-emphasis-alist '("@" org-warning "<i>" "</i>"))
  (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-emphasis-alist '("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil))

However, it does not work for me with
Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.166.gf7a7.dirty)
(that is, neither the text between @'s is fontified, nor is exported to
an alert, as Erik mentioned.

This, however, does work for me:

  (add-to-list 'org-emphasis-alist '("+" org-warning "<i>" "</i>"))
  (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-emphasis-alist '("+" "\\alert{%s}" nil))

so I'm thinking, maybe there is something else to be done to declare @
as a valid delimiter?

Regards,
Rafael