From: Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Cc: bzg@altern.org, Joost Helberg <joost@snow.nl>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Org expert mode?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:22:20 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi,

I also agree with Joost and Eric.  I don't think hiding the menu on
export is a good thing in the long run.  Org-mode is a moving target and
new things show up in the menu over time -- and I for one would miss the
new stuff if the menu was always off.

I do however like the 'expert' setting in
org-fast-tag-selection-single-key and I think being able to turn
sections of org-mode into expert mode is a good thing - but these need
to be areas that are not likely to get new functionality down the road
that the user wouldn't be aware of.

Regards,
Bernt

--