[please keep me CC'd, as I'm a digest subscriber on this list] Suddenly "C-c a a" (`org-agenda-list') has started giving me this error: args-out-of-range #(" ots: " 0 14 (org-category ... Backtrace attached. This is with today's bleeding edge Org Mode code, pulled from git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git. I think the bug must be content-sensitive, since the only thing that changed was the content of some of my .org files (the ones listed in `org-agenda-files'). After encountering the bug, I upgraded to bleeding-edge org-mode, and saw that the bug reproduces there too. I can't find much on the Net about this problem, though this expired StackOverflow question seems to be the same thing: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9460109/when-i-press-c-c-a-a-to-view-agenda-i-get-a-args-out-of-range-error That question is gone from StackOverflow now, but Google's cache still has it: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QsaNSsILOegJ:stackoverflow.com/questions/9460109/when-i-press-c-c-a-a-to-view-agenda-i-get-a-args-out-of-range-error+emacs+org-mode+agenda+%22args-out-of-range%22&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us There are also some reports of org agenda exports failing similarly, but I'm not doing an export. And there's this, about how blank headlines cause a similar error: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/46444 Oh, I just found this -- it might be relevant: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/41045/match=agenda+args+out+of+range I'll see if I can reproduce what that person found. Anyway, I can do Elisp debugging, and will start to do that unless someone here recognizes this problem and can add some information. Backtrace attached below. -Karl