Greetings. Here is the newest version of the patch implementing table lookup functions. First, to see what these little functions can do, take a look at http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-lookups.html Please note that the patch is not in the official git repository yet, so you can not replicate the examples in the tutorial. When and if I get the word that the patch has been applied, I will add a link to the tutorial in the main tutorial page on Worg. A few notes on the patch: 1. There is now a third lookup function org-lookup-all, which I thought would be a very useful addition. 2. The three lookup functions are still defined by calls to a single macro. Heck, one of the advertised reasons for using Lisp are its macro capabilities, so I could not resist. The generated documentation strings now contain a reference to the macro, so users can locate the macro in org-table.el. 3. CL is no longer used in the implementation. I decided to implement the search using a while control structure. I wanted to do a tail recursive implementation, but then found out that Emacs Lisp does not do tail-call optimization. If you'd like me to use a different control structure (for some reason), I can change it. 4. Technically R-LIST is now an optional parameter in the lookup functions, because if it is nil, the matching value from S-LIST is returned directly. I decided not to define it to be an optional parameter, because that would simply look weird to a first-time user: the default use would then be to find a value and return the same value, which would not make much sense. Have fun! Jarmo