Martin Gross writes: > Dear Michael, > > thank you very much, this is what I was looking for. I myself > supposed the answer should be related to "remote references", but was > not sure how to use them. > > Just one point is not yet optimum to me: I do not have just 2 tables, > but hundreds. It would be hard and not very clean to add them all one > by one. Do you know if it there is a better way to reference remote > tables? Not a pure Org-mode solution, but something like the attached could be used to sum up a particular column from every table in a file. Not flexible but possibly sufficient.