* footnote placement
@ 2013-01-24 13:07 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-01-24 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
headline ``footnotes''.
Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given position?

henry

* Re: footnote placement
@ 2013-01-24 13:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
> level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
> headline ``footnotes''.

I remember seeing a hack for this, but maybe my memory is wrong.
With Org's default features, you cannot.

> Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given
> position?

I don't understand... what do you mean?

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: footnote placement
@ 2013-01-24 14:10   ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-01-24 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>> how can I achieve that footnotes are inserted at the end of the top
>> level headline? By default they are inserted at the end after a new
>> headline ``footnotes''.
>
> I remember seeing a hack for this, but maybe my memory is wrong.
> With Org's default features, you cannot.
>
>> Secondly how to prevent html export from altering the given
>> position?
>
> I don't understand... what do you mean?

Thanks Bastien. Okay, it is not possible by default. As a workaround I manually
put the footnotes where I want them to be. So far so good, but when I
export the file to html the footnotes are at the end of the html
document anyway. Hence my second question. It would not bother me to
change the footnotes' postion in the org file by hand if the org to html
exporter would respect my changes.

> Best,

Cheers,
henry

* Re: footnote placement
@ 2013-01-31 11:05     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-31 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> Thanks Bastien. Okay, it is not possible by default. As a workaround I manually
> put the footnotes where I want them to be. So far so good, but when I
> export the file to html the footnotes are at the end of the html
> document anyway.

Yes, that's the way Org export works for now.

> Hence my second question. It would not bother me to
> change the footnotes' postion in the org file by hand if the org to html
> exporter would respect my changes.

Feature request registered, thanks.

--
 Bastien