The keystroke C-u C-u TAB is supposed to set the visibility of the buffer to its initial state. At a minimum, I expect the second...nth consecutive use of this key combo to not change the visibility of the buffer at all. I have ‘org-startup-folded’ set to 'content (i.e. show all headlines, but no text), and for me C-u C-u TAB instead cycles through various visibility states. Does anyone else observe this behavior? A reading of the code indicates that it should be a problem with org-startup-folded set to 'content, and possibly with the 'all value of that variable as well. The attached patch changes to a new implementation at the cost of sometimes doing extra cycling. (The problem is that we cannot rely on the org-cycle-global-status variable except immediately after a global cycle, and we can’t AFAICS know when we are immediately after such an event. It might be better to set org-global-cycle-status to nil after any visibility-changing command, to indicate that its value is not to be trusted. But I think it would be difficult to exhaustively find all such functions, and then to differentiate between “good” uses that hide e.g. archived subtrees and “bad” uses that mess up the proper global visibility state by individually toggling a headline.) Comments welcome. Thanks,