I've attached patch below, but I'm affraid that there is something wrong with indentation. I'm not sure if there is problem with my settings or just entire ox-html.el is indented badly. I've been trying to indent file with the default parameters. I started Emacs with -Q parameter and as I can see there is a .dir-locals.el in org-mode repo. So, everything should be ok. Unfortunately there are some differences related to indentation in my patch. Please review and accept this patch, or enlighten me how to set indentation properly. My patch fixes HTML meta data produced on export by ox-html.el 1. Meta charset definition should be set before title as document title can contain some unicode symbols etc. 2. Added viewport declaration as described here: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/v4.3.0/doc/html.md here: https://developer.apple.com/library/safari/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/UsingtheViewport/UsingtheViewport.html 3. Fixed unnecessary "\n" at the end of Description meta. 4. Removed unnecessary spaces in meta tags. Marcin