* org-mode variables
@ 2014-05-08 10:53 Dave Pawson
From: Dave Pawson @ 2014-05-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Searching http://orgmode.org/org.html
I failed to find how to modify org-mode variables,
where they are stored, etc.

They are listed, but no mention of setting them?

Are they standard emacs vars, if so , perhaps
this could be made clear in the manual please?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

* Re: org-mode variables
@ 2014-05-08 11:07 ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-05-08 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:

> Searching http://orgmode.org/org.html
> I failed to find how to modify org-mode variables,
> where they are stored, etc.
>
> They are listed, but no mention of setting them?
>
> Are they standard emacs vars, if so , perhaps
> this could be made clear in the manual please?

yes, they are standard emacs variables, you can normally set with

(setq variable value)

* Re: org-mode variables
@ 2014-05-09 11:19   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-05-09 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Sosa Mayor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-05-08 13:07 Igor Sosa Mayor wrote:
> Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Searching http://orgmode.org/org.html
>> I failed to find how to modify org-mode variables,
>> where they are stored, etc.
>>
>> They are listed, but no mention of setting them?
>>
>> Are they standard emacs vars, if so , perhaps
>> this could be made clear in the manual please?
>
> yes, they are standard emacs variables, you can normally set with
>
> (setq variable value)

Or, if you want to use the customize interface:
  M-x customize-group org RET

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier