* possible correction to manual
@ 2014-07-11  2:19 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2014-07-11  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"[1] If the headline contains a timestamp, it will be removed from the
link and result in a wrong link—you should avoid putting timestamp in
the headline."

i frequently link to headlines with timestamps, and the links work
correctly.  so perhaps this footnote can be removed now.

i find timestamps in headlines to be excellent.  for example, with
sorting, they entirely eliminate the need for date trees in my usage.

samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: possible correction to manual
@ 2014-07-11  2:24 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2014-07-11  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

in normal use what i wrote is correct.  however, i found an exception,
and it is is possibly a bug:

;; the fuzzy
;; match is stricter than the exact match so it fails.
;; (setq org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline nil)

@ 2014-07-27 14:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-27 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

this has been frequently discussed and although timestamps are allowed
in headlines, we don't want to encourage users to use them like this.

The footnote is still relevant IMHO.

Best,

--
 Bastien