Hi, Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> I tried to add show-children, and NOT have org-show-children in the setup >> but alas it doesn't change the situation. But anyway it's called through >> `org-cycle', in my use-case at least. This in turn rely on at least >> org-cycle-internal-local which in turn uses org-show-children. > > Then `org-cycle-internal-local' could use something like: > > (if (derived-mode-p 'org-mode) #'org-show-children #'show-children) > > This would require a comment in the code. This is a small leak but as > long as we don't have a clear (non broken) design for orgstruct, I think > we cannot do much. Do you mean to change org-cycle-internal-local as in this patch or to make a hook around it? Maybe the exception should be if orgstruct is detected rather than if org is not detected. >> So maybe the easiest way to "fix" this is to advice orgstruct to redirect >> call? Maybe add-function :around... We can rely on nadvice in master, >> right? > > Actually, we can't. "nadvice.el" was introduced in 24.4. AFAIK master > still supports release 24.3. OK. If we can pollute org-cycle-internal-local it doesn't matter. Otherwise I can write an "old-style" advice. Rasmus -- History is what should never happen again