* Error message triggered by fill.
@ 2017-12-19 14:43 Richard Fieldsend
From: Richard Fieldsend @ 2017-12-19 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,
Recently I declared Emacs bankruptcy and rebuilt my initialisation files
from the ground up.

For a while now I have managed my initialisation files by having everything
in a folder (~/emacsLisp) which contains the .emacs file which calls a
series of 'themed' initialisation files for things like LaTeX, appearance,
programming etc. I then have a .emacs in my home directory which is just a
soft link to the .emacs in the folder.

This time I decided to build Emacs from source and to do the same with the
various plugins.  The source for these is stored in a separate folder,
respectively pulled from GitHub and linked into the files as appropriate.
The ~/emacsLisp folder is in a GitHub repository which means I can keep my
various computers in sync.

I have a laptop at home, and two desktops at work (I work in two separate
buildings) so this syncronising is useful.

However, I have hit a problem which only occurs in org-mode. On my laptop
and one of my desktop PCs the org-mode stuff works fine.  But on my main
work machine when I have an org file I can add text, but when a line gets
long enough to word-wrap to the next line I get an error:

org-element--cache-find: avl-tree--dummyroot accessing a non-avl-tree-

the line doesn't wrap and the line continues.

I have updated all the repositories and rebuilt the code where appropriate,
and the problem persists.  Both systems have the same version of Linux (I
have just updated both to Mint 18.3).

Looking in the lisp directory for org-mode there doesn't seem to be a match
for avl. Looking at the lisp directory under the Emacs build there is
(including entries in the changelog).

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Best wishes

Richard

* Re: Error message triggered by fill.
@ 2017-12-19 19:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-19 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Fieldsend; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Richard Fieldsend <richardfieldsend@gmail.com> writes:

> However, I have hit a problem which only occurs in org-mode. On my laptop
> and one of my desktop PCs the org-mode stuff works fine.  But on my main
> work machine when I have an org file I can add text, but when a line gets
> long enough to word-wrap to the next line I get an error:
>
> org-element--cache-find: avl-tree--dummyroot accessing a non-avl-tree-
>
> the line doesn't wrap and the line continues.

Do you have `org-element-use-cache' set to a non-nil value? By default,
Org shouldn't call this function.

Nicolas Goaziou