* org-link containing square brackets
@ 2020-03-10  8:30 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-03-10  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org; +Cc: Bob Newell

Hi everybody,

I sent this email to this list:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-07/msg00123.html

Unfortunately, the code of hs/replace function that contains

%5BGmail%5D/

to get [Gmail]/   in the link does not work anymore for few months
now: in the org-link  the square brackets do not appear and of course
gnus does not find the email ... :(

I have searched but I do not find the solution. (Maybe trying
wanderlust or mu4e, but I remain reluctant for various reasons...)

If you can help me, thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Jo.

* Re: org-link containing square brackets
@ 2020-03-10  9:47 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-03-10  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Bob Newell, Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> I sent this email to this list:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-07/msg00123.html
>
> Unfortunately, the code of hs/replace function that contains
>
> %5BGmail%5D/

See ORG-NEWS for Org 9.3. I think this should be \[Gmail\]/

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org-link containing square brackets
@ 2020-03-10 12:33   ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2020-03-10 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org; +Cc: Bob Newell

Le   mar.   03/10/20   mars   2020  à   10:47:03   ,   Nicolas   Goaziou
<mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> a envoyé ce message:
> Hello,
>
> Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I sent this email to this list:
>>
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-07/msg00123.html
>>
>> Unfortunately, the code of hs/replace function that contains
>>
>> %5BGmail%5D/
>
> See ORG-NEWS for Org 9.3. I think this should be \[Gmail\]/

Hello Nicolas,

Many thanks for your very helpful email. In fact,
 \[Gmail\]/
 broke the link, but
  \\[Gmail\\]/
  works (very logically, it is related with the syntax of org-export).

Now, I meet a new problem that is not an org-mode issue, but gnus's: the
link works, but gnus  declare that the article has expired.  :( and I do
not  understand why.  I wonder  more and  more if  gnus in  imap is  the
adequate tool to  keep tracks of email via org-mode  links. All opinions
of this topic are welcome, of course, because I have to take a decision:
to gnus or not  to gnus... :) But I will not open  a new thread for this
question.

All the best, et encore merci Nicolas !

@ 2020-03-10 12:48     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-03-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 10 Mar 2020 at 13:33, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> I wonder more and more if gnus in imap is the adequate tool to keep
> tracks of email via org-mode links. All opinions of this topic are
> welcome, of course, because I have to take a decision: to gnus or not
> to gnus... :)

The real question is to Google or not to Google.

I recently moved away from Google (due to the insanity that is Brexit
and losing the GDPR protection) for all of my personal email and will
continue to use gnus as it's the best MUA bar none.  Google does not
really grok IMAP.  Go for a standards based provider and, arguably, one
that you pay for explicitly (as opposed to implicitly as you do for
Google's gmail).

Just my 2¢.

And, to keep this on-topic, with a proper IMAP provider, org links to
emails work just fine.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880