From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
To: Maxim Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 22:19:34 +0800	[thread overview]

Maxim Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> writes:

> I am experimenting with a browser add-on that is intended
> to be a bridge between browser and Org mode.
> In the family of Org mode capture helpers it is among ones
> that adds web page metadata to the note.
> Source code repository: https://github.com/maxnikulin/linkremark

The author of org-capture-ref here.

Reading through the code, I can see that you are familiar with metadata
conventions. Do you know good references about what og: metadata is
commonly used? I looked through the official OpenGraph specification,
but popular websites appear to ignore most of the conventions.

Also, org-capture-ref does not really force the user to put BiBTeX into
the capture. Individual metadata fields are available using
org-capture-ref-get-bibtex-field (which extracts data from internal
alist structure). It's just that I mostly had BiBTeX in mind (with
distant goal of supporting export to LaTeX) for my use-cases.

Finally, would you be interested to join efforts on metadata parsing? (I
hope this question does not qualify as "integrate this extension to
everything").

P.S. Some links I collected myself when working on org-capture-ref. They
might also be of interest for you:

- https://github.com/ageitgey/node-unfluff
- https://github.com/gabceb/node-metainspector
- https://github.com/wikimedia/html-metadata